Trump Administration rescinds the policy on F-1 students barring online classes

July 14, 2020
×Close
The Trump Administration on Tuesday 07/14/2020, rescinded its directive issued last week that would bar the international students on F-1 status from taking online classes starting Fall 2020.  The administration was forced to backtrack its policy due to a flood of litigations being filed by various Universities including Harvard University and MIT and various other interest groups. Department of Homeland Security entered into settlement with the complainants in the lawsuit brought by Harvard University and MIT and informed the federal district judge that the administration will return to the status quo.

Related News

VIEW ALL
White House prepares new immigration limits, using coronavirus as cover

The Trump administration is preparing to roll out another set of restrictions on legal immigration, citing the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, even as it argues for the reopening of the US economy, according to sources familiar with the deliberations. Despite a push from President Donald Trump to move past the pandemic, the administration is continuing to usher […]

Success Story: H-4 EAD Litigation

Attorney Mika B. Kozar, filed a lawsuit for a bank employee seeking a D.C. federal court to compel U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to address delays in his visa renewal application, saying the delays put him at risk of losing his job. The complaint said that the USCIS has unreasonably delayed renewing his visa and […]

America No Longer A ‘Nation Of Immigrants,’ USCIS Says

USCIS has just announced that they are now extending the suspension of CAP subject H-1B petitions all the way until February 19, 2019.